Adept Data Warehouse
The Adept Data Warehouse solution also provides the tools necessary to model the structure of the data warehouse, as well as to supply data to it.
The Adept Data Warehouse is designed in three stages:
- Design of the business model – as a result of the conducted strategic analysis, a map of measures and dimensions is drawn for individual business processes.
- Design of the logical model – detailed design of data structures and auxiliary facilities.
- Design of the physical model – detailed design of the warehouse on a data storage device: data format, indices, clusters etc.
The main task during the designing of a data warehouse is the proper definition of measures and dimensions which define a consistent, multidimensional data model. As measures we use numerical indicators which answer questions such as what is the quantity of the product in a given order, while the dimensions are discrete values, constant or rarely changing, which represent the description data and answer the question: who, what. The most popular dimensions include: the customer, the product, time etc. The dimensions are organized into hierarchies which define their level in the data structure. Measures and dimensions are stored in the Data Warehouse in retail, non-aggregated form and in the form of ready aggregates/ thematic cubes.
The Adept Data Warehouse provides ETL tools (Extract, Transform, Load) supporting the process of downloading data to the data warehouse from external sources. Their tasks involve:
- Extract – extracting, reading data from external data sources,
- Transform – transforming data, i.e. combining, validating, verifying the data, introducing time indicators.
- >Load – loading data into the data warehouses.
- Storing large amounts of retail data from other operation systems of the company,
- Processing, cleaning and standardizing source data,
- Modelling data structures in order to optimize analysis efficiency,
- Aggregation of retail data,
- Taking account of the time indicator for input data.
The benefits connected with implementing the Adept Data Warehouse:
- Integration of dispersed data, maintaining their integrity and compliance with applicable standards.
- Increase in the quality of data as a result of its verification and cleaning,
- Aggregation of data for the purpose of increasing the efficiency of analyses generation,
- Thematic orientation of data,
- Archiving of data from transactional systems,
- Easy management of access rights to specific data,
- Easy addition of new data sources to the sets of analysed data,
- Call us
61 662 73 77
- Write to us
- How to reach us